Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg has an exciting opportunity for a fixed-term Lab Technician or Junior Chemist at our Rockwood Propellant Plant. This position would be 40 hours per week, for a fixed term of approximately 12 months.
Our Rockwood facility is located only 20km North of Winnipeg, near Stony Mountain, MB.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free parking
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supporting the chemical and mechanical testing of incoming raw ingredients and in-process energetic products in support of Rockwood production, including:
- Chemical analysis by traditional wet chemistry and/or instrumental methods, such as HPLC, GC, and FTIR.
- Physical properties analysis such as tensile strength testing, viscosity and gravimetric testing, and particle size characterization.
- Maintaining quality records in support of laboratory test processes.
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining up-to-date procedures for laboratory test processes and equipment calibrations.
- Ensuring that the set-up, operation, and maintenance of required lab equipment is completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assisting in the operation of the Rockwood laboratory by maintaining instruments, ordering supplies, cleaning, organizing, and scheduling calibration of equipment.
- Maintaining the Rockwood SDS system.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Diploma in Chemical Technology or equivalent.
- Previous laboratory experience will be considered an asset.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.