Are you an experienced Lab Supervisor with experience in petroleum analytical and/or environmental testing and a good understanding of statistics and SPC?
Do you want to join a respected company that highly values, appreciates, and rewards the contributions of its employees and provides good opportunities for recognition and advancement?
If so, please APPLY TODAY for our exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Superintendent with our client in New Mexico!
Work for one of the best companies in the refining industry!
Title: Laboratory Superintendent
About the Position and How You Will Contribute: In this influential role, you will lead and manage the overall operation of the refinery laboratory, including goal setting and professional development of lab personnel. You'll rely on your strong analytical skills and knowledge of statistics and SPC to ensure the quality of raw materials, intermediate, and finished products, including managing sample loads and leading the continual development of QC/QA. You'll also lead and supervise the lab staff, training and coordinate the work of chemists and technicians, ensure product quality coordination, and oversee all analytical testing.
About the Company: Our client is a well-regarded US independent refiner and renewable fuels producer known for its progressive leadership team, excellent employee appreciation, and outstanding opportunities for advancement! This company truly values and takes great care of its people, and provides a fun, inclusive culture that embraces safety, integrity, and teamwork.
Local Community: 4-season climate, friendly people, affordable real estate, good public and private schools, regional airport, and many outdoor activities including hiking, boating & fishing, snowboarding & skiing.
The Education and Experience You Will Bring:
* Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Science, or Engineering or equivalent work experience
* A minimum of 10 years of laboratory experience, including at least 5 years of supervisory experience
* Excellent analytical skills and a good understanding of statistics and SPC in lab and product context
* Familiarity with analytical equipment and information management systems
* Strong supervisory and leadership skills
* Preferred skills: Current knowledge of petroleum analytical and/or environmental testing, general knowledge of refinery and/or lubricants processes and products, Quality Management or Management Systems training, ISO 9001:2000 & RC14001, LIMS, FAMIS, Ariba, and Performance evaluation.
* Please note: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.