Reporting to the Director of Pricing of a premier asset-based logistics provider, specializing in truckload, LTL, temperature controlled, HAZMAT, expedited, freight brokerage, and warehousing.
The LTL Pricing Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of pricing strategies for the company’s Dry and Refrigerated LTL logistics channel. This individual will interact with the rest of the management team, the Asset based transportation team, the purchased transportation team, and the sales team in the establishment and implementation of pricing and contract strategies. This individual will serve as a brand and pricing lead by synthesizing customer, industry and competitive insights and intelligence to guide and develop channel pricing strategies and ensure awareness of price as a key component of the marketing mix at the gross and net level. Leads discussions regarding pricing strategies with the management, operations and sales teams and other key stakeholders.
This position will develop contract strategy and assist in creating metrics to track pricing strategies and business impact. They will act as a pricing strategy lead on customer contract negotiations and discussions and support new business efforts as an expert providing pricing insights to effectively close sales. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Pricing, Contracts or Account Management in Transportation and Logistics industry (6+)
- Ability to lead others collaboratively required; this includes sales/account management, brand management and other key stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of various logistics models and pricing structures
- Ability to influence teams without direct authority
- The ability to develop internal/external collaborations and build positive, constructive relationships across all levels and disciplines
- Ability to learn and absorb new information quickly and use that information to develop and implement effective strategies
- Effective internet skills.
- Computer literacy required. Working knowledge of outlook, excel, and word. Ability to learn and utilize additional software programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, or other critical thinking major or at least 5 years of equivalent experience required.
- Location: Florence, NJ (minimal travel required)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Experience in pricing or contracting or account management preferred.
- Strong financial or marketing background preferred.
- Change Management
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to work independently.
- Project management skills
- Effective organizational, follow through, and time management skills
- Ability to multitask
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Theresa Kyer
330.664.9400, ext.121Click here to apply online