Medical Assistant (MA) or Licensed Practice Nurse (LPN)
Our client is quickly expanding and in need of an experienced medical assistant to maintain the day-to-day operation of the patient care area. As an MA at this practice, you will coordinate care for patients on the provider’s daily schedule and proactively manage and coordinate care for patients not on the schedule. We are looking for someone with the ability be flexible and cover other locations if needed.
- Assist with orientation and training of new hires, acting as preceptor.
- Perform patient education activities as directed by provider.
- Review preventative care needs of the patient and alert the provider.
- Ensure pre-visit information is reviewed and completed.
- Provide patient preparation and assist the provider as requested.
- Maintain documentation of patient care services by completing patient and department records in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Administers injections to include immunizations.
- Call in prescription refills as directed by the provider. Support patients and providers in the medication refill process. Notify patients when prescription orders are ready, faxed or submitted to pharmacy. Complete prior authorizations for medications.
- Process referrals if required (those not processed by referral department) and set up and arrange for patient to receive home health visits.
- Performs specimen collection and performs laboratory CLIA Waived testing for which they have received training.
- Assist with training phlebotomy clinical students from affiliated schools.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned or requested by the Laboratory Director.
This position also has “Front Desk” Responsibilities which include
- Verify cash in cash box at the beginning of shift and reconciles cash count at the end of the day.
- Prepare and submit drawer count, reconciliation form, all balancing reports, and post settle to the Accounting Department.
- Greet and check in patients in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Verify patient information (insurance, address, telephone number), complete Advance Directive, Medicare questionnaires, financial policy, and make necessary changes in the practice management system. Review forms for completeness and accuracy of information.
- Collect fees per current policy and based on payor agreement by contract, fee-for service, and private insurance, or self-pay.
- Creates packets for new patients as needed or requested.
- Complete and process medical records releases.
For any questions, please contact Ren'e at email@example.com or call 602-788-5890, ext. 113. To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Medical Assistant certification (CMA or RMA) required.
- Preferred 2-5 years’ experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) required.
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish is preferred.