LPN Charge Nurse
Under the general direction of the Director of Nursing, you will provide professional nursing care to residents and assist in the management and supervision of the nursing unit. Our client is a prominent skilled nursing facility right outside Honolulu.
As the LPN Charge Nurse, you will chart and make observations, oversee and direct the CNAs in their day-to-day assignments and answer questions from residents, responsible parties and other personnel. Additional responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with other Charge Nurses to coordinate all care for assigned residents.
- Administering medications as ordered by the physician and according to policy and procedures; Notifying physician when medications are consistently refused.
- Taking verbal/telephone orders from physicians and transcribes orders to new medication administration record, the pre-printed physician order sheet, resident chart, treatment/care plans as appropriate.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of resident medications and medical stock supplies.
- Performing assessments on admission, transfer and/or discharges.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Experience in geriatrics and current nursing standards of practice preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviation required.
- Must possess supervisory skills.
- Current license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Hawaii required.
- CPR and First Aide required.
To learn more or apply, please contact Christopher at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-788-5890.