We are working with a beautiful skilled nursing facility right outside of Waianae, Hawaii. Under the general direction of the Director of Nursing, you will provide professional nursing care to residents following established policies and procedures of the facility and assist in management and supervision of the nursing units.
- Collaborate with other Charge Nurses to coordinate all care for assigned residents.
- Administer medications as ordered by the physician and according to policy and procedures.
- Takes verbal/telephone orders from physicians and transcribes orders to new medication administration record, the pre-printed physician order sheet, resident chart, treatment/care plans as appropriate. Follows-up on physician orders.
- Order required medications/treatments from the pharmacy / other supplier. Accepts medication / treatment delivery from the pharmacy.
- Follows up with pharmacy for any medications not delivered within a 24-hour period.
- Administer treatments as ordered by the physician and according to policy and procedures. Ensures accuracy and completion of TAR.
- Conduct accurate physical assessments of residents, determines their needs and implements appropriate interventions to meet those needs
- Appraise the family, physician and others of changes/incidents. Completes incident reports on shift of occurrence.
- Keep Resident Care Manager, House Supervisor, and D.O.N. appraised of issues.
- Document changes in the residents’ status in the progress notes and alert charting as necessary.
- Take action to ensure appropriate intervention and follow-up with physician, family, and other staff.
- Communicates status and needs to oncoming shift.
- Current and Valid license as a LPN
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Experience in geriatrics and current nursing standards of practice preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviation required.
- CPR and First Aide required.
To learn more, please contact Christopher at email@example.com or call 602-788-5890.