LIS Application Specialist
As a Laboratory Information Specialist, you will plan, maintain, analyze and update laboratory information systems by performing the following duties on a timely basis.
- Maintain, review, and edit system databases; develop system parameters and procedures to optimize workflow.
- Preserve quality of laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems, recommending improvements, establishing priorities on testing and maintaining security and confidentiality.
- Implement and maintain coding and mapping for laboratory test ordering, reporting, billing and workload recording in accordance with compliance principles.
- Analyze, define, and document system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Write and maintain functional and technical specifications.
- Partner with other laboratory supervisory staff in order to maintain routine instrument calibration, correlations, linearity and carryover studies.
- Provide effective training to lab staff on computer hardware and software.
For more information, please contact Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-788-5890.To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Medical Technology, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ information systems experience.
- Prior medical environment work experience is preferred.