This role will set up, adjust, program and maintain industrial knitting machines. There is training involved however, candidates must have technical experience and aptitude to include electrical, pneumatic and mechanical systems. This role will ensure equipment is running to standard in order for production goals to be met. This is a 1st shift position - 6:00 am to 2:30 pm.
Requirements / Skills sets sought:
- Inspect, maintain and repair industrial equipment and machinery to ensure they are always in proper working order
- Ability to identify priority and manage time correctly
- Assess performance problems and take appropriate corrective action
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using measuring and testing instruments
- Read technical manuals to understand equipment and controls
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating shortages
- Install new equipment and train operators on use and daily maintenance tasks
- Perform tests and run initial batches to ensure machine is operating correctly
- Comprehend customer specifications and quality requirements
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- 1+ years in a machine repair environment.
- Experience in electronics and machine set-up required.
- Knowledge of industrial machinery with mechanical, electrical, pneumatic systems preferred.
- Knowledge of industrial knitting machines preferred.
- Proficient troubleshooting in mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Customer focus, internal and external.
- Analytical problem-solving ability, process oriented.
- Ability to effectively communicate, written and verbal;
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Strong presence on warehouse floor continuously driving improvements.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand/Walk up to 70% of Day including Up and Down Stairs
The Knitting Machine Mechanic is an hourly paid position and offers comprehensive benefits plans to include medical, dental, vision, profit sharing and 401K plans, life insurance, and more.
Magid Glove & Safety is America’s leading manufacturer, distributor and importer of hand protection and safety products i.e. work gloves, fall protection, gas detection, reusable and disposable respirators, clean room, 1st aid and all other safety related products. Magid is a financially stable, growing and privately held business, which has provided safety solutions to thousands of companies since 1946.
Magid is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disabled/veteran