RESPONSIBILITIES:This role is a perfect opportunity for someone looking for a challenging and vital role in a manufacturing facility with a leader in the cement industry. The cement plant is looking for someone who is hardworking and dedicated to becoming part of the team. The Kiln Supervisor reports directly to the Kiln Engineer and is responsible for day to day direction of the kiln manufacturing process, including cost control, process improvement, and attainment of key performance indicators. Some of the responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the kiln, raw material & fuel preparation. Review and analyze operational data to evaluate and recommend changes for efficient and continuous operation. Ensures management is aware of trends and operational issues in a timely manner and is responsible for communicating proposed solutions.
- Leads daily consultation with the Kiln Engineer and Shift Supervisors to discuss and evaluate kiln performance and the resulting impact on overall production. Facilitates operational approach to ensure production goals are met on a daily basis.
- Provide technical expertise to diagnose delays in operations, leading the efforts to remedy problems by taking appropriate actions to restore correct operating procedures. Advise management and operations staff on necessary adjustments and changes to protocols to minimize future incidents. Oversees the implementation of corrective action.
- Collaborates with the plant Quality Control Department to meet product specifications and production goals.
- Participates in projects and communicates maintenance requirements with the plant Maintenance Department.
- Ensure compliance with plant policies & procedures, safety, environmental, state and federal process regulations.
- Direct all material handling and refractory replacement projects. Responsible for the selection and execution of all refractory and relining project.
- Analyzes and interprets Pyro process data for other departments as required.
- Ensures maximum utilization and performance of process equipment.
- Maintains up to date industry knowledge of kiln/RM operations.
- Participates in the Plant on call schedule.
- Responsible for cost control as well as achieving the maintenance and production cost targets in the kiln department.
- May be required to respond to customer issues and concerns as needed.
- Understanding of Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Follow plant and MSHA Safety Policies, including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment. Maintain an awareness of plant environmental standards. Takes corrective action to address minor problems or reports compliance issues to appropriate supervisor for resolution.
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT email@example.com
- 5-10 years’ experience in cement manufacturing or related industry.
- Ability to make timely, critical decisions, often under conditions of uncertainty and stress
- Ability to set and administer clear operating and production targets.
- Detailed knowledge about process equipment interlocking.
- Knowledge of chemistry of raw mix, clinker and cement.
- Working knowledge and technical competency in the cement manufacturing process.
- Proficient with windows-based PC software programs.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of MSHA regulations and guidelines.
- Proficient in use of mechanical systems, control systems and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact as a team member
- Knowledge or understanding of SAP and Siemens CEMAT
Cement & Lime