The Key Account Manager will drive revenue growth within an existing customer base by understanding customers’ business, industry, and supply chain to provide solutions. Responsible as the “primary” lead for the management of the Strategic Customer Business Plan jointly developed with the Industry Vertical Owner(s). The Key Account Manager will sell a diverse suite of services including Warehousing, Distribution, Forwarding, Ground Transportation, Customs & Clearance. The Key Account manager will be responsible for strategically drawing on unique competencies to demonstrate how the business can be beneficial to the customer. Ability to analyze, create presentations with experience working with customer service, and managing the startup process after the sale. The Key Account Manager will spend the majority of their time working with the existing customers in an effort to grow the business base, increase customer retention, and maximize profitability. While not working with their already established customer base, they will hunt for new business/logos. Challenge is to increase revenues and maximize profitability. Background Required:
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Strategic Account Management within Logistics (5+ years)
- Experience with logistics processes, systems and solutions.
- Account Management (contact management, relationship building, implement formalized process)
- Verifiable growth track record
- Industry Sector Experience in CPG
- Experienced with the suite of services: Warehousing, Distribution, Forwarding, Ground Transportation, Customs & Clearance.
- Pricing and Margin Integrity
- Managed KPI’s (i.e. Customer Development, Profitability, Market Penetration)
- Computer literate: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Logistics or Business)
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
- Seasoned listening skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Self-disciplined, strong leadership and motivational abilities.
- Creative ability in developing sales strategies and solutions and in presenting innovative solutions to customers.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Will Mercurio
Warehouse & Distributionwmercurio@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.108Click here to apply online