An opportunity exists at our client for a Key Account Manager (KAM). The KAM will report directly to the Head of Client and Stakeholder Relations.
There is flexibility for the position to be based at our Head Office in Cape Town or alternatively within Gauteng. The total remuneration package for this position is negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
The KAM will be required to build and maintain good relationships with the medical scheme clients allocated to him/her. Key responsibilities inter alia include the following:
- To build good standing relationships with the medical scheme clients, and to ensure that all the requests from clients are managed effectively by the Business within the required periods.
- Developing a solid and trusting relationship between major key clients and company
- Resolving key client issues and complaints
- Developing a complete understanding of key account need
- Anticipating key account changes and improvements
- To be the foremost specialist in the business with respective clients
- Dental Benefit Design
- Business Processes
- Act as the key interface between the medical scheme clients and business to ensure alignment to the needs and expectations of the client
- Regularly meet with the clients and ensure that minutes are distributed timeously
- Manage the Action list from Scheme's engagements
- Communicate regularly with the client in writing in terms of any business information
- Ensure that all client escalations to relevant stakeholders are effectively being dealt with within the stipulated service level agreement for escalations
- Manage and distribute the quarterly managed care reports according to specific agreements
- Play an active role in Year-End Projects to ensure a smooth roll-over for all medical scheme clients
- Stay abreast of developments in the medical aid industry by actively reading and participating in industry events
- Lead and to support other internal departments to ensure that the Business offers cost-effective and world class service to our medical scheme clients
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure maximal knowledge of business and be able to assist with answers to client
- Actively participate in all Scheme's events, e.g. Scheme Wellness Days, BHF events
Critical Skills/ Competencies
- Excellent Problem solving and Accuracy skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good Telephone etiquette
- Self-starter, motivated, takes initiative and can work independently
- Excellent communicator with all levels in an organisation (verbal and written)
- Confident in operating in a dynamic environment
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Ability to prioritise deliverable and workload accordingly (good organisational skills)
- Willing to travel nationally if required
- Reliable internet connectivity is essential when working from home
- Candidates must have a clear criminal record
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Experience in the healthcare insurance/funding/medical scheme industry and knowledge of relevant legislative environment is highly desirable
- Experience in case/ claims management will be advantageous
Education and Applicable Systems Experience
- Grade 12
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification (Diploma or Degree)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201940 subject heading or email body.
Please note that due to the high volume of CV's received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.
Should you require any additional information give us a call on 021 012 5566.