endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Sr Key Account Manager- Cold Chain Solutions
The key account manager, Pharma, is responsible for handling the strategic accounts in our Pharma/cold chain business. The key account manager must build and maintain a strong relationship with clients and be the lead point of contact for all key client matters, anticipate the client’s needs, work within the company to ensure deadlines for the client are met, and help the client succeed. The key account manager will also bring in new business from existing clients or contacts and will develop new relationships with potential clients. She/he is responsible for identifying and delivering new revenue opportunities, growing revenues from existing client base, and creating a sustainable strategy for future growth in line with our Vision 2023. The Key Account Manager’s performance will be measured by revenue generation, specifically customer retention, customer growth and new customer acquisition, with the following KPI’s:
- Volume: Market penetration as well as key account penetration (%)
- Velocity: Speed and efficiency of pipeline conversions
- Value: Value of end-to-end funnel and average deal/key account value
Organizational & Leadership Skills:
- Lead by example, provide directionand proactively tackle performance issues.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders. Excellent listening skills and the ability to develop empathy towards stakeholders’ needs.
- Ability to build strong teams and clearly articulate roles and responsibilities.
- Stimulateslearning and inspires innovation.
- Ability to motivate people while holding them accountable.
- Ability tocommunicate and influence effectively.
- Coach others, develophim/herself and others.
Determination to Achieve Excellent Results:
- Ability to set demanding andvisionary goals.
- Takes activeownership and accountability, consistently demonstrating a drive for results.
Finding Better Ways/Continuous Improvement:
- Manages systemsand processes while championing change.
- Understand key levers andmanage profitability.
Market Focus & Outside-in Thinking:
- Ability to use business knowledge to create and add value by generating and/orunderstanding customer/market insight.
- Think strategicallyto guide the Leadership Team (LT) to achieve both short-term objectives and long-term goals.
- Develop growth strategies for Key Accounts in the Pharma segment.
- Build a robust and accurate revenue pipeline and forecast to grow revenues year on year and in line with the company’s vision and participate actively in the S&OP process.
- Build a cohesive short, medium, and long-term Key Account Strategy to grow a share of Key Account business.
- Developing a solid and trusting relationship between major key accounts
- Developing a complete understanding of key account needs and resolving key client issues and complaints.
- Anticipating key account changes and improvements.
- Managing communications between key accounts and internal teams.
- Managing account team assigned to each account.
- Strategic planning to improve key account results.
- Negotiating contracts with the key accounts and establishing a timeline of performance
- Establishing and overseeing internal budgets with the company and external budgets with the key account.
- Working with team members from other departments dedicated to the same key account to ensure the highest quality of materials are being produced and all client needs met.
- Collaborating with the sales team to maximize profit by up-selling or cross-selling.
- Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training.
- Meeting all key account needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines.
- Analyzing client data to provide customer relationship management.
- Expanding relationships and bringing in new Key accounts.
- Provide thought leadership and develop strategic key account plans and initiatives, anticipating market direction, understanding the competitive landscape and scenario analysis for each Key Account.
- Develop and maintain industry-wide perspective on major trends, including macro-economic, customer, regulatory, technology, distribution channel, product, and competitive landscape (business intelligence).
- Partner with the product teams to define differentiated offering & positioning.
- Lead a robust Key account management process and develop cross functional key account management capability internally.
Qualifications & Experience:
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.IND-D10#LI-01
- 10+ years of hands-on sales/account management experience in a high-growth B2B Pharma logistics/cold chain environment.
- Experience of revenue ownership with a successful track record of success and demonstrable business expansion and growth.
- Proven experience in successfully building and leading account management (sales) teams.
- Understanding of how to establish and maintain excellent relationships with C-level executives of key target clients and channel partners.
- Strong leadership experience with the ability to lead change and bring others with you.
- Ability to facilitate discussions to resolve conflicting processes, content, opinions.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of passion and energy while maintaining a positive outlook.
- Experience working in a demanding environment with highly motivated and driven professionals.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities; ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to internal stakeholders and external business partners and customers.
- Strong leadership & mentoring skills with a team-oriented/collaborative approach.
- Global or multi-national business experience preferred.
- Experience with sales strategy planning and execution, sales operations, customer success, marketing, channel and partner management, business planning, and sales support management in a global setting.
- Well-versed in complex direct and channel sales/account management processes.
- Highly motivated with an ability to create and work collaboratively with multiple skills leveled sales team.
- Strategically view the marketplace, analyze opportunities, and successfully manage the growth of a profitable portfolio.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and a history of decision making based upon business metrics.
- Strategic and highly analytical with a leaning towards data-driven decision making and execution.
- Ability to mobilize stakeholders outside of her/his individual span of control.
- An outstanding listener and communicator. Someone who facilitates an open exchange of ideas and fosters an atmosphere of open communication.
- Demonstrate strong people skills, including being perceived as genuinely caring, warm, empathetic, fair, motivating, and positive.
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, sales, or relevant field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Basic computer skills, and experience with CRM software and the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on superior Excel skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability follow-through on client contracts.
- Ability to multitask and manage more than one client account.
- Proven results of delivering client solutions and meeting sales goals.