Junior Tax Accountant
Dynamic, growing Atlanta suburban CPA firm is seeking an individual to join its tax department. This is a full-time position.
The ideal candidate will be an organized, detail-oriented self-starter that has excellent communication and follow-up skills. We are looking for an experienced professional to hit the ground running with income tax preparation. A successful candidate will be personable and able to work well with both clients and staff.
- Income tax preparation for individuals and small businesses
- Production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and accompanying schedules, including necessary journal entries and analysis for completeness and accuracy
- Analysis of general ledger accounts and reconciliation of bank accounts, with appropriate client communication and action to resolve outstanding issues and items
- Management and completion of quarterly and annual payroll tax returns
- Management and completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales tax returns
- Demonstration of commitment to firm values of integrity, accuracy and client satisfaction
- Accounting Degree, CPA preferred but not required
- Three or more years prior corporate or public accounting experience, with emphasis on tax preparation and professional tax software exposure
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks Pro
The firm offers a competitive salary and job flexibility, making it ideal for candidates returning to the workforce or seeking work/life balance.