Magellan Aerospace has an exciting new opportunity for a Junior Internal Auditor. The successful incumbent will provide assistance on audit planning and execute financial and compliance audits. They will do so by acting in accordance with accepted professional standards in order to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and adherence to applicable laws and regulations. Please note, one of the key requirements for this position is being able to travel 20 to 40% internationally once permitted by Health Canada.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Free parking
- Develop audit plans and programs (i.e. procedures, methodology, checklists and questionnaires)
- Adjust to plans and programs as appropriate to reflect areas of concern raised by stakeholders.
- Assist in the development, implementation and use of auditing tools and/or database (e.g. IDEA, advanced excel skills).
- Provide analysis and make recommendations for improvement in audit procedures
- Assist with implementing improvements in audit procedures
- Perform detailed audit procedures/tests, including conducting interviews, observing operations, conducting analytical procedures, reviewing transactions, documents, records, reports, and policies and procedures
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls in business processes and other related areas
- Complete documentation in working papers which record and summarize further audit procedures performed (if required)
- Develop, in cooperation with management, recommendations to solve issues identified during the course of the audit (e.g. corrective or improvement action) that are realistic, creative, workable and meet client business objectives
- Prepare written audit reports
- Follow up to determine adequacy of corrective actions
- Provide assistance to external auditors as requested
- Assist in special projects as may be assigned
- Assist in the development of presentations pertaining to audit and risk-related issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- External or internal audit experience is an asset
- Co-op experience would be beneficial
- Must be able to travel 20 to 40% internationally when required due to Magellan’s global presence
- Working towards or interested in obtaining related professional designation.
- Knowledge of accounting/finance principles and computer systems
- Understanding of audit-related practices, principles, processes, procedures and techniques
- Working knowledge of risk and control principles
- Experience in data mining required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with diverse people while remaining impartial and objective
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent team player while also being able to work independently
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!