Position: Junior Compliance Analyst x 6 positions - JP5677
Duration: 9 months
Location: Waterloo, ON
- Reporting to the AML/ATF Program Manager, the Compliance Analyst is responsible for effective monitoring, investigation, and case management of Watch List scanning within the context of anti-money laundering/anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF).
Perform functions related to 's Anti Money Laundering & Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF) Program:
- Manage Bridger- Daily PEFP/ATF/OFAC/Country Alerts - Investigate and assess the risk of alerts identified by customer risk assessment tools. Maintain proper records and audit trail of investigation activity and disposition actions for all alerts.
- Use judgment and knowledge of money laundering patterns to assess whether transactions are suspicious; conduct investigations and make recommendations as to the appropriate course of action;
- Investigate and assess the risk of alerts identified by customer risk assessment tools. Maintain proper records and audit trail of investigation activity and disposition actions for all alerts.
- Prepare case reports and external reports for review outlining the depth of investigation activity, risk assessment, and recommended remediation actions.
Job Requirements (Knowledge/Skills/Competencies):
- CAMs certification would be an asset,
- Good understanding of AML/ATF regulation and risk management,
- 2+ years of AML/ATF experience,
- Good ability to communicate complex information with the ability to clearly explain verbally and in writing issues and circumstances to all levels of staff and management,
- Strong time management, Excellent organizational, research, investigative and analytical skills,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Post-Secondary Education,
- Ability to take responsibility and operate independently to ensure that compliance objectives are achieved.
- Must possess a professional attitude and adhere to a high ethical standard,
- Strong knowledge of insurance products processes and systems