- Analyze monthly financial statements of all assigned projects for variances between actual and budget, ensuring adequate escrow balances, bond funds and accruals
- Provide monthly budget variance commentary on all assigned projects to the internal management team.
- Work closely with Property Managers to provide direction for and oversight of operating plans, budgets, and forecasts. Specific tasks include approving and submitting reserve draws, reviewing/approving third party contracts, rent increases, non-budgeted large expenditures. Participate in the annual budget review process by preparing operational trend to budget analysis.
- Assist with the year-end financial audit review to ensure accuracy of the accounting data.
- Maintain and update project summary data and financials MRI internal reporting software.
- Work closely with Property Management, Asset Management and Development.
- Carry out periodic on-site inspection property visits to evaluate physical condition of property. Provide feedback to Property Manager as needed.
- In conjunction with third party property management team, develop preventative maintenance program, monitor its implementation, and conducting property inspections.
- Identification and analysis of under-performing assets, and preparation and implementation of proactive operational work-out strategies.
- Maintain and track reporting requirements for all syndicators, investors, and financial institutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by VP Finance or other senior management staff.
- Keep senior management regularly informed regarding the asset performance.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Click here to apply online
- Four-year college degree in Accounting or Finance or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (proficient in Excel & Word).