Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Junior Manufacturing Engineering (ME) Planner - Electrical at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Introducing new components and technologies into production in support of cost effective, high quality products;
- Developing and optimizing manufacturing processes, and preparing detailed process instructions to define the manufacturing processes;
- Working with internal and external contacts on matters concerning product definition, tooling, inspection, scheduling, corrective actions, and continuous improvements;
- Creating and maintaining product definition, tooling, process certification, and shop order routings;
- Responsible for the transfer and release of new products into manufacturing (PN/BOM set-up)
- Investigating and dispositioning non-conformances;
- Providing shop floor liaison for resolution of technical matters.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Electrical Engineering Technology;
- Experience in electronic circuit card manufacture and test would be a benefit;
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics of varying degrees of complexity would be a benefit
- A working knowledge of J-STD-001 would be considered an asset;
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications;
- Experience using CINCOM would be considered an asset.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Each employee and visitor who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Masks are mandatory in all of our shared public areas of the workplace and employees are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.