BCTG’s direct client is looking for a permanent Junior Data Engineer. This position can be in New York, NY, Marlborough, MA, Irvine, CA or El Paso, TX.
*This position is temporarily eligible for Work from Home until our offices reopen. Once offices reopen, this position is not eligible to be Work from Home, and you will be required to report to the office Monday-Friday.
The Junior Data Engineer will work with the Sr Data Engineer to assist in building a modern data platform. Looking for someone with 3-4 years of experience working in a cloud environment and have a data science background.
- Help Design and Develop Data platforms and pipelines
- Ensure the effective collection, organization and distribution of data, from a variety of data sources
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Gather business needs and translating into analytical problems
- Create and maintain excellent data documentation that allows the data to be understood (Metadata) and leveraged for additional use.
- Retrieve, synthesize, and present critical data in a format that is immediately useful to answering specific questions.
- Design and implement predictive & prescriptive data models
- Analyze data to find actionable insights and “tell the story” of our business as well as help deliver solutions to any business needs using machine learning, text-mining/NLP to extract insights from structured and unstructured data to assist in new product development, improving the quality of the products, improving customer service experience
- Explore/Analyze Company’s Operational data and find correlation between different business process to improve and/or recommend changes to Business Processes
- Develop programs to assist business in improving Marketing strategy, Product Pricing and customer retention
- Create and implement customer centric solutions
- Build strong relationships with the different departments, teams, and support functions to understand the business needs.
- Collaborate and knowledge share with internal stakeholders to ensure single source of truth for all data
- Troubleshoot data quality issues - identifying root cause/system & documentation/communication of resolution
Requirements for consideration
- Be able to talk to business to understand their needs and be able to put a technology solution to it.
- Worked in a cloud platform – AWS/Snowflake
- Was previously part of a migration
- Build Power BI dashboards
- Possess hands on technical skills
- Work independently
- Must have the drive to improve themselves, the system, and willing to learn
- Abel to work in an Agile environment
- Open Minded
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in related field
- 2+ years on a Modern Data Platform. (AWS, Azure, Snowflake etc.)
- Curious, independent mindset and attitude – you explore new technological & methodical options independently
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (Waterfall and Agile), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proficiency in data transformations, handling missing data, feature engineering, regression, classification, and clustering analysis
- Experience in relational databases such as Oracle and proficiency with SQL
- Experience working with structured, semi structured (JSON, XML) & unstructured data types (text, files etc.)
- Familiarity with Git, NoSql databases, Spark, TensorFlow
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis