Position: Jr. Contract Analyst - JP5553
Duration: 1 year contract
Location: Remote for now and later Downtown Toronto
Key Responsibilities of the IT Business Analyst, Contract Management:
1) Be a contract and service level agreement subject matter expert for ETS in North America.
2) Manage specific contract(s). Responsibilities include
- Lead the development of the detailed business content in the contract when changes are required or new types of software or services are added to an agreement, facilitating and coordinating input from technical subject matter experts and AVP/VP service leaders as required.
- Work closely with the Procurement organization and ETS service leader AVP/VPs on software maintenance renewals or true-ups for key publisher contracts and related financial negotiations as appropriate depending on financial value.
- Oversee the financial performance of the contract, working with IS Finance to ensure invoice accuracy and timely resolution of invoicing disputes. Seek out and recommend opportunities for savings and facilitate the negotiation of changes with the vendor.
- Reviews industry or product releases that impact licensing metrics and entitlement models
- Accountable for the contractual service level agreement (SLA) performance measurement and reporting, involving ETS subject matter experts and service leaders to ensure consistent and accurate SLA measurement. Ensures SLA performance penalties are agreed to with the vendor and paid promptly. Decision maker for resolving SLA related disputes with the vendor and advising the ETS service leader AVP/VPs if escalations are required.
- Accountable for contract governance structures and deliverables, ensuring the effectiveness of related processes.
- Oversee the resolution of contract issues and disputes with the vendor to reach a fair and equitable outcome in best interests.
- Subject matter expert on the contract for ETS teams and internal Business Units.
- Ensure legal review of all contract changes and that contract documents are approved according to the Payment, Commitment & Banking Authority policy.
- Accountable for the governance of the Request for Services (RFS) process with vendors, including the RFS Approvals function.
- Track, monitor and update software asset records to ensure compliance with vendor contracts
- Respond to audit requests from internal and external auditors.
3) In a project capacity for contracts with new vendors
- Support the Procurement organization and ETS service leader AVP/VPs on the negotiation of the detailed business content.
- Participate in the negotiation of service level agreements and other aspects as appropriate of the contract drafting process.
4) Review and assist with the contracting of Statements of Work for professional services ETS requires with various vendors, ensuring business policy and contractual compliance.
- 2+ years of experience with IT contracts in progressive roles including
- Review of terms and conditions of new contracts and changes to existing contracts
- Ongoing management of the Services of contracts
- Ability to analyze and participate in the drafting of the business aspects of legal documents and explain legal and business issues to different audiences
- Experience developing cost/benefit analysis and presenting recommendations to executives
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently
- Superior written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and easily explain terms and conditions to business partners
- Ability to do in-depth research & analysis on issues and problems as directed
- Ability to build and manage cooperative working relationships with vendors and internal stakeholders
- CSAM, ITAM, ITSM, ITIL certifications an asset