Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg is looking for a high performing Entry Level (or Intermediate) Software Engineering/Developer to join our development team. This is a 12 month fixed-term position, reporting directly into the site Space Systems Business Unit Lead.
The successful applicant will work in a team environment supporting Space Business products. The Software Engineering position will work to develop software solutions to complex customer requirements.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Flexible work hours
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Participation in the specification, definition, design, code and test of Space products.
- Supporting software management processes, including configuration management, QA, specification, development, and validation and test.
- Development of software for real-time embedded systems and general support tools
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Successful completion of a university degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science from a recognized university
- Eligible for Canadian Controlled Goods Registration
- Eligible for Security Clearance to “NATO Secret” level
- Eligibility for enrollment as an “Engineer in Training” or “Professional Engineer” with APEGM would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with C/C++, Python, Tcl, Linux, VxWorks and RTEMS would also be considered an asset
- Familiarity with understanding and interpreting customer requirements
- Experience working on a team using Software Development Methodologies including Agile
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to think and solve problems efficiently and independently
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated team worker/leader who possesses good problem solving skills
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.