Somerville Farms (2014) Ltd. is a well-known and respected company located in West Central Saskatchewan. We are a family-oriented team that is committed to our local community and making Eatonia a better place to live and work.
Visit somervillefarmsltd.com to learn more.
Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic
Truck and Trailer Mechanic
This is an excellent opportunity to make above average industry wage while living in a charming town with low cost of living.
- Diagnose, Repair and Maintain a diverse fleet of customer and in-house equipment.
- Lead shop employees: Guide, Supervise and Inspect work.
- Accurately and Completely Document work performed and parts usage.
- Maintain SGI compliance & standards.
- In the absence of the Foreman, Coordinate workflow and Assign job tasks.
- Journeyperson Certification as Truck & Transport Mechanic (Saskatchewan) or Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (Alberta).
- Previous experience with SGI commercial vehicle inspections.
- Physically capable of performing job requirements.
- Confidence and Knowledge to Troubleshoot and Repair a variety of equipment.
- Respectful and Positive Communication with Customers, Staff and Vendors.
- Strong Time Management and Work Ethic with Accuracy and Integrity.
- Team player, Adaptable and Motivated.
- Class 1A licence with clean driver’s abstract an asset.
- Desire for small town living and willing to permanently relocate to Eatonia, SK (or within 1 hour radius)
- Stable employment in a Highway based industry working on Highway & Farm related equipment.
- $35-$38 / Hour
- Benefits package 50/50 split
- New Bright and Clean Facility stocked with all the ‘up to date’ Tools and Equipment.
- Progressive Minded, Growing Company with a Commitment to Fixing things Right.
- Positive, Team oriented working Environment
- Diverse and Challenging work with Learning Opportunities
This position is based in Eatonia, SK; a town which extends genuine hospitality to newcomers. This community offers a variety of recreational and cultural events and amenities, low cost of living, close proximity to nature and our South Saskatchewan River. Learn more at Eatonia.ca.
Hire Standard is recruiting on behalf of Somerville Farms: please apply online at hire-standard.com or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for your interest, however; only those considered will be contacted.
By applying to this position, you are agreeing to receive email communication from Hire Standard.