Somerville is a well-known and respected Agricultural and Commercial Trucking company with a Truck & Trailer service shop located in West Central Saskatchewan. We are a family-oriented team that is committed to our local community and making Eatonia a better place to live and work. Visit somervillefarmsltd.com.
Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic
Truck and Trailer Mechanic
This is an Excellent opportunity to make above average industry wage while living in a charming town with low cost of living.
- Diagnose, Repair and Maintain a diverse fleet of customer and in-house equipment.
- Lead shop employees: Guide, Supervise and Inspect work.
- Accurately and Completely Document work performed and parts usage.
- Maintain SGI compliance & standards.
- In the absence of the Foreman, Coordinate workflow and Assign job tasks.
- Journeyperson Certification as Truck & Transport Mechanic (Saskatchewan) or Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (Alberta).
- 10 years Truck/Trailer Experience.
- Previous experience with SGI commercial vehicle inspections.
- Physically capable of performing job requirements.
- Confidence and Knowledge to Troubleshoot and Repair a variety of equipment.
- Respectful and Positive Communication with Customers, Staff and Vendors.
- Strong Time Management and Work Ethic with Accuracy and Integrity.
- Team player, Adaptable and Motivated.
- Class 1A licence with clean driver’s abstract an asset.
- Desire for small town living and willing to permanently relocate to Eatonia, SK.
- Stable employment in Ag-based industry
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits package 50/50 split
- New Bright and Clean Facility stocked with all the ‘up to date’ Tools and Equipment.
- Progressive Minded, Growing Company with a Commitment to Fixing things Right.
- Positive, Team oriented working environment
- Diverse and Challenging work with Learning opportunities
This position is based in Eatonia, SK; a town which extends genuine hospitality to newcomers. This community offers a variety of recreational and cultural events and amenities, low cost of living, close proximity to nature and our South Saskatchewan River. Learn more at Eatonia.ca.
Please apply online at hire-standard.com or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered will be contacted.
By applying to this position you agree to receive email communication from Hire Standard.