Title: Journeyman Machinist
City: Santa Rosa
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-2100894620
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Journeyman Machinist to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 electronics company in Santa Rosa, CA.
This is a long-term, at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Develop and sustain machining processes utilizing cutting edge machine tools such as Swiss Style Lathes, Multi-Axis Turret Lathes, and Wire EDM.
- Use machine tools to make or modify parts that conform to specifications and/or tolerances.
- Work from blueprints and process sheets to determine assignment plan and layout for operating and programming various machine shop equipment.
- Determine material, parts, and equipment required.
- Perform production and prototyping: cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions, conventional and CNC milling, turning, grinding, wire EDM and fixture design.
- Perform job duties according to all company safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Five years of relevant experience
- Wire EDM, including fine wire experience
- Swiss style lathe.
- Milling and Turning skills
- Advanced Metrology knowledge and skills
- CNC Programming/CAM Programming Software skills
- CAD/Solid Modeling skills
- Blueprint reading skills
- Ability to interpret specifications including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.