We support substantial multi-cloud, hybrid, and Kubernetes workloads running large-scale, cloud-native systems that communicate using our Grey Matter service-mesh platform. Working at this scale gives our engineers the chance to develop their existing cloud skills to a whole new level of challenges, tools, and strategies.
Our team helps organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud. Our customers are operators, infrastructure engineers, and software developers who encounter novel performance, security, scaling, and usability challenges that we help them solve. Some examples of things you'll be working on with respect to your built applications or services will include proxy integrations, Envoy Proxy xDS APIs, certificate management for mutual TLS connectivity, and security through service-oriented patterns. You'll actively contribute to the service mesh ecosystem, follow new developments in emerging technology, look for opportunities to differentiate our product from the competition, and rethink product architecture to meet new global scale and organizational demands.
- Be hands-on creating CSS and HTML to build a web application, sometimes to a designer's specifications and sometimes by making your own decisions about implementation and interface
- Connect web interfaces to back-end services and functions using WebSockets and RESTful services.
- Perform end-to-end testing, unit testing, and debugging of your software.
- Engage in brainstorming and ideation sessions with the team to discover new and ideal solutions to customer pain points and problems.
- Synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet timelines.
- Develop new complex software solutions according to defined application requirements and UI/UX Wireframes.
- Design complex web applications and components.
- Support delivery excellence by being part of the entire process, from integration to production support activities.
- Performance tune, bug fix, and maintain production software.
- Assist with configuration and deployment of software.
- Engage in discussions, meetings, and briefings with key customer stakeholders.
- Possess a DoD Clearance, or be able to obtain one
- Collaborate with peer engineers in discussions around performance, user experience, security, and other constraints when designing complex systems.
- Understand UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Are well-versed in various web application design patterns, including but not limited to: single page apps and server side rendering.
- Possess knowledge of:
- API and RESTful web services development experience, JSON, XML, YAML
- Shell scripting (bash)
- CI/CD pipeline design
- Distributed systems and cloud architectures
- Other skills that are important:
- Experience with service mesh architecture
- Application protocols like Web Sockets, HTTP/2, QUIC and NATS
- Experience with at least one of the following configuration management tools: Salt, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
All of the positions are permitted to follow a flexible work schedule. The flexible work schedule provides employees with the ability to work from home. All employees with a security clearance will be allowed to work from home except when needed on client site.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Similar Job Titles: Software Engineer, Software Developer, Application Developer, Application Engineer, Programmer Analyst, Software Development Engineer