The Java developer will contribute to backend products utilized by most of our biometric Advanced Recognition solutions. This application serves as an enterprise service bus, providing database access and management, and additionally serves as a workflow engine to facilitate the processing of transactions, as well as providing additional features in support of our customer's activities and custom business requirements.
Common job duties would include:
- Supporting existing projects by implementing bug fixes, enhancements, and completing change orders.
- Providing technical and domain expertise to investigate and solve complex issues within our solution.
- Supporting new projects by customizing and implementing new features.
- Maintaining supportability, scalability, and test coverage of our software.
- Learning our domain and contributing to reviews of features, design choices, and sprint planning.
- Provide support to our QA and release management teams and assist with environment and build issues.
This position will require excellent time management and multitasking skills as the above duties will be expected to be applicable for many existing projects requiring ongoing support, as well as new projects in flight.
- At least two years in software development.
- Fluent in Java, SQL, and REST (or SOAP)
- Windows, Linux (Redhat)
- MS-SQL, Oracle
- Java project experiences in various formats such as Web, Enterprise, and Cloud.