Title: Janitor/Custodian (part-time and full-time positions available)
City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1431518677
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Janitor/Custodian to work on-site with our client, a world-class university in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
- Clean a variety of floors and floor coverings using light cleaners, waxers, and buffers or shampooers, strippers, etc.
- Clean and remove trash and debris from patios, sidewalks, flower beds and lawn areas immediately adjacent to buildings using brooms, rakes or blowers
- Clean, scrub, sweep, pick up, wipe, wash, dust, brush, oil and polish all common interior/exterior areas including walls, handrails, fixtures, woodwork, ceilings, furniture, light fixtures, appliances, picture frames, mirrors, water fountains, switch covers, and shelving.
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms (private and communal) which include, but are not limited to, showers, tubs, sinks, toilets, and fixtures.
- Clean and sanitize all common areas including, but not limited to, lounge areas, laundry rooms, kitchenettes, and locker areas.
- Clean kitchenette, including removing and relocating dishes from counter to designated area; clean exterior and interior of stove, refrigerator, sink, counter tops, cabinets, and drawers.
- Clean glass windows and doors.
- Organize and maintain all equipment and chemicals in the custodial closet in a secure, clean, and ready condition for use.
- Report emergencies, damages, fixtures/furniture losses, and maintenance needs, safety issues, and needed equipment repairs.
- May perform a variety of labor related tasks including, but not limited to, moving and setting up furniture for special events;
- Part-time (16) and full-time hours (40 hours a week) are available, please note your preference.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English; ability to communicate effectively and cooperatively with co-workers, guests, other departments, and management.
- Knowledge of cleaning and waxing methods, materials and equipment used in industrial cleaning is desirable, but may be learned on the job.
- Knowledge of custodial safety procedures.
- Ability to read, understand, properly prepare, store, and use all chemicals and maintain Safety Data Sheets (SDS) manual on cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to learn and apply safe work practices, including hazardous waste management and handling, injury and illness prevention program, confined space procedures, and safe chemical practices.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a positive service attitude and approach to students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the university.
- Ability to be respectful of residents and co-worker’s privacy and property. Ability to maintain and support a respectful work place.
- Ability to respond to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to operate appropriate communications equipment.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.