Serves as a member of the Company’s Procurement & Inventory Management Team, executing purchasing and inventory processes that support Company compliance, efficiency, and growth.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administers control over inventory quantities stored, received, and shipped, processing necessary related transactions within the ERP system.
- Performs periodic inventory counts, reconciling physical inventories with records.
- Receives inventory, verifying approval and accuracy against purchase orders and other documentation.
- Performs necessary stock checks, cycle counts, reviewing inventory requests per the customer sales order against inventory stock available.
- Returns unused inventory to the supplier and/or into inventory stock. Expedites and follows-up with suppliers to schedule deliveries, resolve outstanding and overdue delivery of orders, warranty claims, damage and return of materials.
- Order goods and services through the ERP system, verifying against purchase requisitions/orders with purchasing authority. Prioritize purchases based on the standard lead times and occasionally based on more immediate requests.
- Manage inventories in various inventory bins, e.g., special projects, truck stock, SC Disruption.
- Cancels and adjusts delivery dates on purchase orders as needed.
- Supports the maintenance of “up-to-date,” consistent, standard policies and procedures for the team’s daily operational use and training, with majority emphasis given to accurate and timely purchasing and processing of inventory.
- May provide training to others on areas of expertise.
- Maintains vehicle spreadsheet, assists with vehicle purchases and CEC vehicle build out (schedule topper installation, safety equipment installation, CEC decal appointment, GPS, license plate, insurance cards, gas card and installation of vehicle accessories).
- Assists in managing, organizing and serves as on-site contact for CEC building contractors on office builds, maintenance, remodels, repairs, site moves and Capital Expenditures.
- Perform building maintenance, including but not limited to, snow removal, salting, light bulb replacement.
- Execute orders for indirect spend, including but not limited to, office supplies, furniture, services, tools, equipment, breakroom supplies.
- Manages indirect product inventories, e.g., PPE, clothing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversees outside contractors on a case-by-case basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with external parties (e.g., suppliers).
- Strong problem solving, creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks within a complex organization, demonstrating ability to plan, organize, implement, and control.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, specifically those that are Microsoft based (Great Plains, CRM).
- Previous skill, knowledge, or experience specifically in purchasing and inventory is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Reaching, grasping, and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.