Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg is looking for a high performing Inventory and Planning Manager. This is a full-time permanent position at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The type of individual who will succeed will have a can-do, no-excuse and driven hands-on approach to Inventory, Materials Planning, Capacity Planning, and Leadership.
The Inventory and Planning Manager will be a key member of the Supply Chain team overseeing the Planning, Production Control, and Inventory Analysis staff reporting functionally to the Director of Supply Chain.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage the resources and personnel required to maintain a valid material plan. This includes the material planners and the dispatchers who operate in the various cells within the factory. Responsible for applying and reviewing planning rules such as lead-times, batch sizes, safety stocks and shrinkage factors.
- Own strategic planning and inventory management processes, including VMI, and strategic planning decision-making.
- Lead and/or participate in cross functional projects to drive improvements to inventory turnover, Vender Managed Inventory, WIP material positioning, past due backlog, and new product introduction projects.
- Review and maintain Master Production Schedule plan and approving exceptions.
- Review and resolve gaps that exist between the supplier’s responsiveness and manufacturing plan needs.
- Expedite MPS support departments to ensure production plan starts and is completed on time per the manufacturing plan scheduled ship dates.
- Work closely with Production and Operations Managers to build weekly shop-load plan.
- Forecast capacity and inventory to support business goals and KPIs.
- Develop and utilize key metrics and data to monitor and manage inventory, planned manufacturing lead times, capacity planning and departmental hour’s workload.
- Focal point of communication between operations and commercial support teams regarding missed deliveries including revised plans and options.
- Perform employee performance reviews and training as required.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in Supply, Demand, Inventory or Capacity Planning, Budgeting and execution.
- 3+ years of experience mining and analyzing data and then presenting business cases to improve efficiency.
- 1+ years of experience in a Management function.
- Understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain Management process (scheduling, warehousing, fulfillment, reverse logistics).
- Communication and interpersonal skills with experience presenting to various levels within an organization.
- Lean and CI with hand-on experience participating Kaizen events (experience in leading events would be helpful).
- Experience in Sales & Operations planning, Integrated Business Planning, demand forecasting, inventory optimization and supply planning.
- Several years in product manufacturing (preferably Aerospace or other complex manufacturing environment).
- SAP or other ERP roll out experience.
- Experience dealing directly with Vendors and Customers (internal and external) to strengthen the supply chain.
- Experience in a matrixed business structure.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain (CSCP, SCMA) or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in project management (PMP) and Production/Planning MRP.
- Lean Certified training (Black Belt preferred).
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.