Magellan Aerospace, New York has an exciting opportunity for skilled and knowledgeable Inventory Control Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Inventory Control, Cycle Counting and accuracy of Inventory Records.
Magellan Aerospace, New York offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Develops plan and executes approved plan to eliminate the need for an annual physical inventory.
• Works with planning and purchasing to review lead times to ensure inventory is being ordered to production requirements identifying any and all issues to senior management.
• Continuously reviews purchasing and shipping schedules to ensure inventory demands are level loaded with production ensuring timely receipt of product for manufacturing cycles.
• Prepares samples and conducts weekly cycle counts ensuring all A B and C class items are counted regularly enough to maintain our ability to not conduct an annual physical inventory.
• Prepares and send for approval all inventory adjustments.
• Resolves system issues and postings from shop floor personnel including training of shop floor personnel as required.
• Investigates and resolves issues with work order postings and closings.
• Assists with identifying obsolete inventory on hand and maintains a listing of such inventory.
• Ensures returns from customers and to vendors are recorded correctly and all scrap is processed, recorded and disposed of properly.
• Prepares monthly report to management on inventory balances identifying any excess receipts, adjustments or issues with the inventory.
• Works with internal and external auditors as required.
• Other duties as required and assigned.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in business management or administration; three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Manufacturing experience required; aerospace experience a strong asset
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.