GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Inventory Control Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and maintaining the appropriate level of physical inventory to service customer requirements and meet inventory guidelines established by management and the corporate. This will be done by understanding the in-transit production processes at plant level, on-hand, and safety stock levels of inventory and adjusting as required.
- Issue POs to factory, understanding and considering customer orders, safety stock requirements, and forecasts.
- Adjust order deliveries with the factory.
- Maintain acceptable physical inventory levels including appropriate safety stock levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzing Product Demand & Issuing Purchase Orders (35%)
- Negotiating & Adjusting Orders with Factories (25%)
- Receiving and Inputting Quantity of Parts into SAP (10%)
- Inventory Analysis and Review (including Excess Inventory) (15%)
- RMAs/ Inventory Adjustment (5%)
- Management Reporting (5%)
- Others (5%)
This position requires lifting up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good communications skills
- PC Software application skills
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience may be considered in place of degree.
- 2 - 4 years of Inventory Control, Purchasing, Supply Chain or related experience.
- Experience with MRP systems; SAP highly preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills required
This position may require minimal travel to the manufacturing or third party logistics facilities
REPORTS TO: Manager, Inventory Control