endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Inventory Control Administrator
We are one of the most recognized and successful names in the Agricultural Market. Our Alabama facility is one of over a dozen companies forming one of the largest and most stable agricultural manufacturers on the planet. The Inventory Control Administrator is a key position in the Company and will support and contribute to the company goals of profitability, return on investment, inventory turnover, and accident prevention. The Inventory Control Administrator, under limited general supervision, utilizing established guidelines and exercising independent judgment, manages inventory control process to support attainment of company financial goals and achieve maximum customer satisfaction. Review and perform inventory cycle counts for accuracy of shipped product and received goods, monitor inventory variances and discrepancies and make recommendations for resolution of issues.
Core Competencies for this position include:
- Leading Change/Change Management
- Leading People/Teamwork
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Focus, communicate, encourage and contribute to Safety in all aspects of the job and all company meetings.
- Manage approximately $15 million of inventory to ensure the goal of maintaining cycle count variance goals is achieved.
- Manage inventory cycle count program to ensure that optimum customer satisfaction is achieved by minimizing out-of-stock situations.
- Oversee and help to perform detailed and precise cycle counts of all locations in accordance with established guidelines to determine inventory accuracy and report findings to appropriate personnel.
- Generate daily cycle count reports for the cycle count team.
- Ensure inventory items are counted according to the Cycle Count Program following the ABC stratification.
- Investigate negative inventory balances, determine root causes, influence corrective solutions and ensure inventory counts are corrected.
- Investigate inventory problems and potential inventory problems upon request from Purchasing, Manufacturing, Accounting, etc. and analyze problems to determine root causes. Make recommendations for corrective action.
- Review and approve all cycle counts for validity prior to adjustments in system. Ensure that recounts are performed when required.
- Supervise daily operations of Cycle Counters. Conducts subordinates performance evaluations. Review and recommend employees for promotions, merit raises, job assignments, etc.
- Perform monthly unit counts of whole goods with the manufacturing team at month end, working with management and individual team members to resolve any inventory issues.
- Act as lead point of contact for internal and external auditors involving cycle count and the reconciliation process.
- Assist with physical inventories as required.
- Perform all other duties assigned by Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Excellent communication skills required, including verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to perform focused in-depth investigations to address a variety of issues and reach conclusions with findings.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization and address sensitive issues in a diplomatic nature.
- Proficient use of computers including report retrieval. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is essential. Knowledge of JD Edwards system is a plus.
- Ability to work overtime, under pressure, and weekends/holidays as required.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Hold a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
- 3+ years experience in warehouse or inventory control in a manufacturing environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to stand a significant portion of the day while moving throughout the facility, performing tasks of climbing, reaching, bending, crouching and lifting. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 100 pounds with the operation of forklift equipment; upon completion of training. Use hands and arms to move boxes and perform counts of boxes, parts and components. Must have adequate vision to see parts and components.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.