Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
This individual would be paired with a seasoned Sales Representative, covering a specified territory in the GTA. This roles focus is B2B sales, engaging primarily with financial advisors and financial planners outside of the organization. They cover the full suite of global asset management products (mutual funds, ETFs, etc.), as well as offering non-product solutions to fit a wide variety of client asks. In addition to supporting the cultivation of strong client relationships, this representative would assist their seasoned sales counterpart in various administrative and organizational tasks correlated with their mandate.
Candidate Value Proposition (CVP):
This role will allow a candidate to display their knowledge on a wide array of GAM products, making it an ideal fit for someone with a interest in, and affinity for, asset management and business development on the whole. The role is also an excellent fit for someone who thrives in a relationship building role- this position requires someone who looks to go the extra mile for clients beyond the scope of their sales targets. In addition to this, the role is 100% remote for the time being, making it a great fit for anyone apprehensive towards entering a crowded working environment.
What you will achieve in this role:
• Drives sales results for designated products through non-affiliated or third-party intermediaries. Provides input to new product development.
• Works with smaller clients, prospects, territories, issues and relationships.
• Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
• Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
• Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
• Develops, maintains, and executes a business plan, including sales strategies, to achieve sales objectives and acquire new clients in tandem with their senior Sales Rep counterpart
• Participates in industry and intermediary events to grow presence in the marketplace.
• Organizes and arranges regular conference calls and presentations, which are conducted either independently or in conjunction with portfolio managers to promote new strategies.
• Provides input to product development and marketing to grow the overall business.
• Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
• Monitors and tracks performance and addresses any issues.
• Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
• Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
• Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
• Demonstrates effective and timely use of the customer relationship management system and expense reporting system.
• Adheres to all compliance, regulatory, and legal guidelines
• Generating sales leads with the help of their sales rep counterpart
• Consistent follow up with sales leads generated by their seasoned sales rep counterpart
• Coordinating and planning webinars and other remote event offerings
• Providing rich and detailed comparison of GAM products vs. competitor offerings
What you will bring to this role:
• 3-5 years of sales/sales support with mutual funds specifically
• Rich understanding of, and interest in the full suite of GAM products
• Highly organized - part of the role will involve the coordination and organization of meetings and seminars with clients as well as their sales partner
• Polished communication via email, over the phone and face to face interactions
• Prior experience as a financial advisor/planner could be useful- this is often the audience they are building relationships with
• Ability to work with minimal supervision- self-motivated
• Strong presentation skills
Nice to have Skills:
• CSC or IFIC would be helpful- would ensure the candidate has a foundational understanding of the suite of products they are working with
Post-secondary required- business administration or finance specialization preferred, but not a must-have.
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.