Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, the Internal Communications Manager will be responsible for the delivery of internal communications and employee engagement strategies for Magellan Aerospace, which covers 3 continents and 19 sites. Activities range from managing and developing employee communications channels, employee recognition program, to driving our employee engagement surveys and business action plans.
They will take a lead role in managing all the brand, advertising, promotional and marketing campaign across Magellan Aerospace Career page, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms. The successful incumbent will also work in partnership with our internal talent and recruitment teams to create and develop the employee branding and employee value proposition (EVP) programs. The Internal Communications Manager will be key in establishing and managing a network of communication stakeholders to ensure a coherent, joined-up communications effort across the whole, global Magellan estate. By doing so, they will support and promote Magellan Aerospace’s culture and values throughout the organization
- Manage and champion all internal and external employee communication, including performing market research and analyzing the company’s audience and its needs.
- Work with management to create and plan employment branding campaigns to enhance brand image and voice.
- Create executive content and messaging in the appropriate voice and tone that aligns to strategic initiatives, supporting executives.
- Responsible for delivering planned, consistent communications about the businesses vision and change programs.
- Creating and maintaining a robust relationship with the media to promote the company’s image and coordinating promotional events (and attending news conferences, press launches and exhibitions).
- Ensuring that digital marketing content aligns with the company’s brand identity and message.
- Collaborate with in-house design and communications team to create photos and videos to showcase the life at Magellan Aerospace.
- Work with local HR/TA team to communicate our Employer Branding & Employer Value Proposition (EVP) both internally and externally.
- Identify and take on special projects that will support the TA aspect of the people agenda.
- Event planning on webinars, career fairs with the business and global TA team.
- Develop LinkedIn campaigns / email marketing and social media strategically, focusing on candidate lead generation to support the Talent Acquisition team to engage and win talents.
- Manage the employee engagement program including engagement survey(s)
- Develop engaging content for the intranet, for the staff communication.
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of communications and make recommendations that enhance the employee experience; encourage best practice and innovation by benchmarking and understanding current trends and new developments in internal communication.
- Setting objectives and targets and conducting review sessions to ensure targets are being met according to feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable discipline (marketing, advertising, business, communications, etc.) with at least 8+ years of experience in content management, especially online.
- Multilingual with excellent communication skills (written and verbal), experience in working across various markets is a plus.
- Experience with video storytelling for multiple social media platforms.
- Track record in delivering successful campaigns with hands on experience in writing, editing and managing a library of written and multimedia content.
- Diverse writing experience in multi channels such as white papers, newsletters, presentations, flyers, educational materials, tutorials, scripts, and blogs.
- Full cycle on Employer Branding and Employee Value Proposition.
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively with a variety of individuals at different levels and from different areas/functions.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and work with multiple stakeholders simultaneously.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to balance changing requirements and priorities.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)