Our client, a well-established safety solutions provider, is seeking to add an Internal Auditor to its team. You will play a critical role in ensuring that the Internal Audit function assists our client in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management, control and governance processes.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Assist in developing and executing the Annual Internal Audit Plan
- Take a lead role in the day to day execution of internal audits including planning, fieldwork and reporting which would entail:
- Developing engagement specific audit plans through an understanding of regulatory requirements, business processes and related inherent risks and controls
- Develop risk based test plans including appropriate audit approaches, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgement and a defined Internal Audit Function methodology
- Evaluate adequacy of process design and effectiveness of controls and identify control and process weaknesses
- Propose practical and value added recommendations to address governance, risk management or control weaknesses and/or inefficiencies
- Preparation of clear and concise audit reports including objective audit findings and recommendations
- Assist in the follow up process to track and monitor the effective implementation of management actions to address audit findings and recommendations
- Develop and maintain effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff
- Act as a resource for consulting and advisory services to management to improve governance, risk management and controls processes
- Understand existing regulatory requirements
Your strengths include:
- One or more relevant professional certifications (i.e. CA, CPA, CIA, CISA)
- Technical background with a strong, independent mind-set;
- Working knowledge of the IIA International Professional Practices Framework;
- Solid understanding of risk and control concepts;
- Well-developed skills in Excel;
- Self-motivated, proactive
- Critical thinking skills and strong analytical ability
- Professional judgement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Kyle Baltimore or Esmond Desilva.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity, and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!