Assist with the company’s SOX 404 implementation efforts for the first year. Thereafter, this position will transfer to Internal Audit to assist with the on-going SOX program management and complete planned and ad hoc internal audits.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (YEAR 1):
Coordinate with the SOX Project Management Team to:
- Help create and implement corrective actions for identified business process control enhancements at all business units
- Assist with the monitoring status of remediation plans
- Provide one-on-one or group training, as needed
- Recommend new controls that can help strengthen the overall control environment
- Assist process and controls owners in the review of their process and controls documentation to assure completeness and accuracy
- Assess opportunities for the implementation of control self-assessments by process owners
- Act as liaison between the external auditors and control owners in understanding remediation requirements for control enhancements
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (YEAR 2):
- Perform project management duties in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, reviewing, and reporting of the work of internal audit projects
- Prepare audit programs, perform, or review testing, and facilitate remediation of control findings. The focus of this responsibility will include financial, operational, compliance, IT, and other types of audits necessary to support the annual audit plan.
- Manage the SOX process documentation change management function, to help facilitate the effective and efficient planning and implementation of changes to financial and operational processes and controls.
- Execute tasks/testing for investigations and management requests on an as-needs basis; provide ad-hoc analysis and reports as requested.
- Accounting degree required.
- Three to five years of previous work-related experience.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley audits.
- Very strong computer skills required – e.g. financial systems and MS Office suite.
- Occasional travel required.
Please send your resume to Andree@Stafffinancial.com
for immediate considerationClick here to apply online