endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Summary/General Job Description/Mission: Assists in the development and execution of the Internal Audit plan; Manages Internal Audit projects through planning, fieldwork and reporting phases, coordinates schedules and people, allocates time to activities, budgets, and manages the execution of audits and project reviews with audit clients.
Responsibilities Related to the Job:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Assist in determining a proper risk based audit plan and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (“SOX”) Section 404 scope, as well as playing a key role in planning, executing, and reporting activities. Assess risk and exposure by consulting with management and conducting audits to evaluate the effectiveness of controls and business processes.
- Develop, coordinate, manage and resource financial, regulatory (including the evaluation of internal controls related to the Company's accounting and financial reporting functions in accordance with SOX 404), operational and discretionary audits, reviews and projects with controllers, operations managers, external auditors and regulatory agencies.
- Execute audits and projects in accordance with both department and professional standards; including performing risk assessments of processes, designing and documenting internal controls, testing, and documenting audit findings and remediation plans. Ensure testing documentation meets quality standards including requirements of external auditors for reliance purposes.
- Drive ongoing audit coverage of assigned functional audit area through developing audit programs to include proposal of audit objectives and scope, procedures and internal control reviews to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Participate on and lead audit engagements from planning to reporting and produce quality deliverables to both department and professional standards. Prepares and reviews audit planning documents, audit procedures, working papers and final reports.
- Execute auditing plans in a cost-efficient manner and produces results to influence management decisions leading to successful implementation of the recommended actions for bottom-line improvements and process controls through well-written audit findings and reports.
- Continuously monitor the progress of the fieldwork for each job assigned against the estimated plan.
- Discuss findings with audit clients and obtain timely and proper feedback of the findings prior to finalization of fieldwork.
- Communicate findings to the Internal Audit Director and draft comprehensive audit reports.
- Maintain knowledge and proficiency in current accounting and auditing standards, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
- Use a range of tools and techniques to analyze internal / external data.
- Seek tools and technologies both inside and outside the organization in order to enhance the ease and timeliness of data collection, analysis, testing and reporting.
- Possess a strong understanding for the roles and processes of other functional departments as well as their progressive initiatives.
- Participate in internal ethics and fraud investigations and assist in ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops auditing staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures, and professional standards.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Identify and properly communicate any conflicts that may result from working with other departments.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company’s various administrative policies including, but not limited to security and non-disclosure policies.
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Maintain compliance with Code of Business Conduct, policies and procedures, management systems, and all applicable Environmental, Health, Safety other regulations
- Act according to the Company Values & Behaviors
- Manage, guide and motivate your team to achieve stated business goals and objectives.
- Conduct performance evaluations to maximize your team's effectiveness (SMART goals, good communication, reviews, training and development).
- Participate with HR in other processes related to your team such as selection, promotion or compensation.
Required Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Masters preferred.
- 7+ years of audit experience, through public accounting/auditing (Big 4 a plus) and/or industry experience.
- Experience in the areas of internal audit, internal controls assessment, and SOX 404 evaluation and testing required.
- CPA license and CISA / CIA / CFE certifications preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Audit supervisory experience, demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Analyze statistical and financial data.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Willingness to travel ~25%.
Travel Requirements: Travel 15-25%.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.