My client is a large, public Retailer with over $18B in annual sales. This is an outstanding Mid-Management role with an excellent opportunity for promotion and personal career growth. Must have prior intermodal procurement experience.
POSITION: Intermodal Transportation Procurement Manager
This position is responsible to lead, develop, implement, coordinate and control all procurement aspects of inbound modes from vendor to DC, and outbound modes, from DC to cross dock facilities for our client.
• Procurement: development and execution of analytical and transparent bid process, negotiations, recommendations, and a logical selection process to support cost controls, required service levels and forecasted company growth.
• Administration and Risk Avoidance: contract management, security compliance, inventory control, risk management, claims management, internal controls and business continuity.
• Strategy: develop cost controls, strategies and analysis to meet transportation expense, performance targets, business continuity, and forecasted growth short term and long term.
• Vendor Relations: responsible to foster professional and ethical business relationships driven by fair, logical and objective activities for all providers and transportation vendors
• Control: responsible to develop, implement and execute internal controls, policies and procedures to ensure integrity and transparency associated with all domestic transportation modes and activities.
Strategic Sourcing Activities:
- Direct the development of and execution of activities, to support inbound and outbound inventory freight movement.
- Responsible for the development, procurement and sustainability of a service provider network to meet and exceed the requirements of the company consistent with supply-chain strategy. Provider network must support cost controls, performance metrics, company growth and business continuity.
- Responsible for fostering professional business relationships with company business partners, ensuring relationships with vendors and suppliers are based on price, quality, security, service, sustainability and reputation, carefully guarding the professional integrity of our client.
- Develop and direct strategic initiatives to support expense targets, required performance standards and future growth opportunities.
- Develop executable Business Continuity strategy to minimize interruptions with inventory flow.
Lead and execute comprehensive and objective bid processes and sourcing initiatives:
- Ensure current, accurate and complete information is provided to business partners to support logical and fair business practices.
- Responsible for the quantitative and qualitative bid evaluation process, considering cost controls, ability to meet service levels and performance metrics, ability to support growth, and ability to sustain long term.
- Drive negotiations and benchmarking to support competitive costs.
- Facilitate the award scenarios and recommendations, executive evaluations, consideration and decision making.
- Responsible for the annual assessment of all providers that support domestic freight movements within the supply chain.
Ensure adequate controls:
- Review and assess contracts for consistency, and to ensure required content as directed by the delivery strategy.
- Collaborate with internal and external legal counsel and risk management resources to ensure compliance with our client's overarching sourcing strategy.
- Ensure controls are in place and validated to support contractual, insurance and risk management compliance with current legal regulations.
- Develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure the company meets standards established internally and all governmental regulatory requirements to control risk.
- Ensure controls are in place to accurately validate and confirm invoice payments.
- Maintain compliance with our Code of Conduct and Business Ethics, specifically maintaining an objective assessment of vendors and supplier's services.
- Ensure confidentiality of all sensitive information
- Cross functional support of all transportation sourcing positions
- Perform all projects requested by the VP - Logistics and Supply Chain
- Travel required - up to 25%
- Values Driven
- Analysis and Judgment
- Drive Results
- Organizational Understanding
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 5 years transportation sourcing experience
- Minimum of 5 years management level experience
- Knowledge of transportation regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical skills required
- Data driven approach to problem solving
- Broad logistics expertise
- Broad working knowledge of transportation, contracts, contractual language, claims and insurance requirements
- Must possess excellent written and oral communications skills and be able to communicate with all levels and departments both within and outside of the company
- Strategic thinking: ability to identify long-term issues and develop mitigation solutions
- Experience with hands on utilization of current supply chain software applications and systems
- Project management skills are a plus
- Skillful negotiator
- Bachelor's degree
1-2 exempt associates
1-2 non-exempt associates