Intermediate Quality Assurance Representative(QAR)
Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg
Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Intermediate QAR (Quality Assurance Representative) at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
The Intermediate QAR (Quality Assurance Representative) will be the representative for quality matters related to specific customers or products and will coordinate the activities to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Review purchase orders and customer contractual documents to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Prepare Quality Assurance plans to support the manufacture of customer defined products; Review the product definition and shop orders to ensure compliance to the customer’s requirements and the Quality Assurance plan.
- Quality Verification / Product Release by providing certificate of compliance, and authorizing the release of deliverable products to the customer. Liaising with and assisting the customer’s representative(s) on all Quality matters
- Quality Verification / Product Release of product, as a customer’s quality representative when delegated.
- Plan, action, compile, and audit the First Article Inspection (FAI); compile FAI reports and other documentation in support of product deliverables.
- Perform internal workstation and product audits.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
Education & Experience:
- Successful completion of post-secondary Mechanical Engineering Technologist diploma or equivalent degree.
- Eligibility for membership in CTTAM or Association of Professional Engineers (APEGM).
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience and academic accreditation as listed above.
- Experience in composite manufacturing, electrical, electronics, welding, sheet metal manufacturing, machining components, heat treating and forming operations will be considered an asset.
- Experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control and Auditing.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of Quality Assurance.
- Knowledge of Quality Control inspection tools.
- Understanding the hierarchy and application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knowledge of aerospace manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of relevant customer regulatory requirements.
- CAD skills will be considered an asset.
- CMM Programming experience will be considered an asset.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Data collection, management and analysis
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Each employee and visitor who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Masks are recommended in all of our shared public areas of the workplace and employees are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.