Position: Intermediate IT Project Coordinator/Business Analyst - 124341
Duration: 12 months
Location: Remote for Now and later Edmonton, Alberta
Responsible for taking business requirements and translating them into technical requirements and solutions.
- Create project documents and associated planning documents.
- Create stakeholder analyses.
- Lead consultations and facilitate stakeholder meetings.
- Create business requirements, functional specifications and technical requirements.
- Create new business and technical processes and complete business process reviews/re-engineering for existing processes.
- Facilitate business process improvement sessions.
- Assist in the development of new IT services.
- Schedule, organize and lead project status meetings and other meetings as required.
- Provide support by bridging communication between vendors, client ministries, and corporate technical and business teams.
- Escalate unresolved issues/risks, options and recommendations.
- Responsible for business architecture design, software system specifications design, and database modelling.
- Participate iterative development using model-based processes.
- Perform project management, business and technical analysis and systems design in delivering complex software solutions spanning n-tier development environments.
- Produce project artifices with XML; UML and/or other web-services technologies.
- Prepare, update and manage documents defining the business requirements, software requirements, functional design, and project plans and schedules reflecting achievable deliverables for the applications.
- Prepare regular project status reports indicating project deliverables, possible risk and issues, time-lines and anticipated effort.
- Ensure appropriate project communication occurs to all parties involved during all phases of the project.
- Identify required user training.
- Additional responsibilities as required by the Project Manager for a Business Analyst or Lead Technical Analyst role.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
The proposed resource must meet or exceed one of the following:
- University graduation in business, management or a related discipline and 4-yr Technical Business Analyst (BA) experience; OR 2-yr diploma in business, management or a related discipline and 6-yr BA experience; OR 1-yr certificate in business, management or a related discipline and 7-yr BA experience; OR 8-yr BA experience
- 5 years - Experience as a project coordinator leading technical teams in multiple implementation and execution of information technology projects in an environment of similar size and complexity to the Government of Alberta.
- 5 years - Experience defining project scope and goals in collaboration with business stakeholders.
- 4 years - Experience managing multiple projects concurrently.
- 4 years - Experience leading successfully implemented IT solutions in an environment with project resources from across multiple teams or organizations.
- 5 years - Experience as a business analyst translating business requirements into detailed technical requirements in an enterprise environment.
- 5 years - Experience with written and verbal communications including specific experience in drafting strategic business and technical documentation.
- 3 years - Experience in IT infrastructure architecture and the relationships among the components that make up an IT service — from end-user devices to servers, networks, storage, applications and data.
- 3 years - Experience in facilitating and managing business process development and process re-engineering workshops and sessions.
- 3 years - Experience in gathering requirements from a diverse group of stakeholders across ministries or departments.
- Available to lead frequent (daily) face-to-face meetings with clients and technical teams located in Edmonton.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- 4 years - Experience in the development of project documents for a wide variety of initiatives and projects (business improvement, information technology, etc.).
- 4 years - Experience in facilitating meetings and communicating with senior management and project stakeholders.
- 4 years - Experience in the design, development and implementation of complex IT solutions.
- 4 years - Experience leading project governance, change management and communication activities
- 2 years - Experience working in or for the public sector.
- 3 years - Experience with IT service management, IT service management applications, IT application development and maintenance projects.
- 3 years - Experience working within an agile development environment.
- 3 years - Experience leading in the development and implementation of Information Technology infrastructure projects.
- Do you have Canadian education (e.g. certificate, diploma or degree) or your foreign credentials certified by Immigration Canada, IQAS or any accreditation acceptable to the Government of Canada or Alberta?
- Provide information regarding certification of foreign credentials.