Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Lead - Inter Company
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To be the main point of contact for internal sites, reporting accurately on performance including Quality/Cost/Delivery/Innovation/Risk. To lead the intercompany team.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Establish best methods – route, MBQs etc
- To manage variance cross divisions in line with Wrexham orderbook
- To aid work transfers across divisions to Wrexham
- Support meetings with suppliers in line with Supplier Relationship Management activities
- Supplier Relationship Management – structured business reviews KPI driven
- Stakeholder Engagement – working with key functions to deliver on service
- D1 and KPI reporting – responsible for supplier performance Quality/Cost/Delivery/Innovation/Risk
- Operational Procurement escalation support linked to poor performance against contractual terms
- Business Continuity – responsible for mitigating risk and constructing recovery plans
- NPI & change management – working with MALUK Divisions on NPI to ensure allocated Categories meet business targets
- Make versus Buy – leading the Category decision working with key functions
- Basic Education 5 GCSE C/5 or above
- Supply Chain Experience
- Manufacturing Environment
- Accurate reporting
- Functional knowledge of process and product
- Supplier and Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Financial and Commercial awareness
- Project Management
- Results orientated - meets deadlines, identifies actions, achieves goals
- Innovator - thinks creatively, anticipates changes, produces solutions
- Complaint – follows procedures and encourages others to as well
- Problem Solving
- Team player
- Decision making
- Positive “can do attitude”
- Proactivity with a solution orientated approach
- Resilience to overcome problems
- Adaptability and flexible to new ideas and ways of working
- Influencer – builds relationships and effectively presents arguments
- Self starter
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!