Intensive Care Unit ICU Manager
Northeastern IL area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Intensive Care Unit ICU Manager for a great opportunity in the Northeastern IL area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 2+ years of experience working in an Intensive Care Unit in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Intensive Care Unit ICU Manager
- Will report to the Sr. Director of Critical Care (ICU/ER)
- The ICU Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, and directing functions to ensure the effective operation of the unit.
- Intensive Care Unit Manager directs nursing service activities for assigned intensive care unit patients
- Delegates responsibilities to auxiliary and intensive care unit staff nurses; supervises preparation and maintenance of intensive care unit patient clinical records
- Intensive Care Unit manages an inventory of solutions, supplies, medicines, narcotics, and equipment according to hospital policies, procedures, and regulations
- Evaluates intensive care unit staff performance and quality of service
- Perform other duties of ICU Nurse Manager included
Requirements of the Intensive Care Unit ICU Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Current Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois
- 5+ years of experience working in an acute care hospital
- 3+ years of supervisory/leadership in ICU experience