Intake Specialist - Inpatient Residential Treatment Center
** Excellent Benefits
** Full Time Opportunity
** Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Assesses individuals for chronic mental health and behavioral treatment needs by securing information from clients, guardians, referral sources and historical records to accurately assess client’s needs.
- Maintains exclusive focus upon patients, the quality of their care, their individual needs and their medical outcomes without significant distraction by administrative and non-patient care activities.
- Complies fully with all patient medical records and information privacy regulations, state and federal.
- Takes all steps necessary to fully ensure patient medical data confidentiality and security.
- Utilizes a holistic and thorough approach to all client interactions and assessments so that no symptoms and no personal health risks are not observed, noted and responded appropriately to.
- Maintains exclusive focus upon clients and their needs without significant distraction by administrative and non-patient contact activities.
- Interviews clients with possible chronic mental health issues to determine nature and degree of needs.
- Secures information such as medical, psychological, and social factors contributing to patient's situation, and evaluates these and client capacities.
- Gathers information from clients, guardians, referral sources and historical records to generate an accurate mental health diagnosis in accordance with DSM-5 standards.
- Completes all necessary documentation, ensuring that signatures are captured from clients and/or guardians.
- Assesses clients for any needs of urgent psychiatric intervention and determines need for hospitalization and/or protective custody, etc.
- Determines if acute psychiatric care and hospitalization is necessary on individual bases.
- Oversees appointment schedules on an active basis to ensure that clients comply with their treatment commitments to their own benefit.
- Interfaces and works with psychiatric providers for client treatment coordination purposes.
- Conducts phone interviews, screenings and assessments.
- Refers clients to community resources and other organizations.
- Coordinates with other community service providers such as Child Protective Services, Probation Officers, and others to ensure proper service to community members.
- Compiles records, prepares reports, and develops treatment plans in consultation with other professionals.
- Secures any necessary supplementary information such as employment, medical records, and school reports.
- Coordinates transition of care to other facilities and providers when appropriate for client needs.
- Demonstrates ability to regularly change priorities to accomplish all tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly communicate, both orally and in writing, while performing all essential functions.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Substance Abuse Prevention.
- 2 years of experience working preferably in a behavioral health treatment environment.
- Current license with Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as either LAC, LMSW, LASAC, LAMFT, LPC, LCSW, LISAC, or Psychologist.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to diverse cultures and the Native American cultures and community health services.
To learn more, please contact Ren'e at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-788-5890.