- ** Excellent Benefits to include 6 weeks PTO your first year**
- ** Remote work 50%
Assess individuals for chronic mental health and behavioral treatment needs by securing information from clients, guardians, referral sources and historical records to accurately assess client’s needs.
- Maintain exclusive focus upon patients, the quality of their care, their individual needs and their medical outcomes without significant distraction by administrative and non-patient care activities.
- Comply with all patient medical records and information privacy regulations, state and federal.
- Take all steps necessary to fully ensure patient medical data confidentiality and security.
- Utilize a holistic and thorough approach to all client interactions and assessments so that no symptoms and no personal health risks are not observed, noted and responded appropriately to.
- Maintain exclusive focus upon clients and their needs without significant distraction by administrative and non-patient contact activities.
- Interview clients with possible chronic mental health issues to determine nature and degree of needs.
- Secure information such as medical, psychological, and social factors contributing to patient's situation, and evaluates these and client capacities.
- Gather information from clients, guardians, referral sources and historical records to generate an accurate mental health diagnosis in accordance with DSM-5 standards.
- Complete all necessary documentation, ensuring that signatures are captured from clients and/or guardians.
- Assess clients for any needs of urgent psychiatric intervention and determines need for hospitalization and/or protective custody, etc.
- Determine if acute psychiatric care and hospitalization is necessary on individual bases.
- Oversee appointment schedules on an active basis to ensure that clients comply with their treatment commitments to their own benefit.
- Interface and works with psychiatric providers for client treatment coordination purposes.
- Conduct phone interviews, screenings and assessments.
- Refer clients to community resources and other organizations.
- Coordinate with other community service providers such as Child Protective Services, Probation Officers, and others to ensure proper service to community members.
- Compile records, prepares reports, and develops treatment plans in consultation with other professionals.
- Secure any necessary supplementary information such as employment, medical records, and school reports.
- Coordinate transition of care to other facilities and providers when appropriate for client needs.
- Demonstrate ability to regularly change priorities to accomplish all tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrate ability to clearly communicate, both orally and in writing, while performing all essential functions.
- Perform other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Substance Abuse Prevention.
- 2 years of experience working preferably in a behavioral health treatment environment.
- Current license with Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as either LAC, LMSW, LASAC, LAMFT, LPC, LCSW
- Demonstrated ability to relate to diverse cultures and community health services.
To learn more, please contact Ren'e at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-788-5890