The I&E Supervisor has the direct responsibility for leading, coordinating, and managing the maintenance of the plant’s instrumentation and controls systems. The I&E Supervisor will lead, direct, and manage a team of I&E technicians to maintain operations throughout the facility. This leader will directly report to the maintenance manager and will coordinate and communicate directly with the plant’s controls engineer for any issues requiring escalation. The I&E Supervisor will assist the maintenance manager with all work orders, preventative maintenance needs, and mechanical integrity related inspections.
Description for Internal Candidates
- Coordinate and direct maintenance projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and direct the integration and implementation of technical activities.
- Support the HS&E, Quality and Service, and Productivity/Cost sections of the facility plan as defined by scorecard activities.
- Plan, direct and assign the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of all instrumentation and controls equipment.
- Coordinate with the maintenance scheduler on a daily basis to schedule work and resources according to production priorities.
- Submit purchasing requests to the maintenance planner for processing.
- Investigate I&E equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Coach and manage employee training to ensure talent is developed and retained.
- Assist in new hire decision process
- Conduct mid-year and annual Performance evaluations for your team.
- Conduct disciplinary actions
- Apply Tremco policies and adhere to established processes to ensure compliance and organizational best practices.
Required Skills and Education:
- High school diploma
- Four to ten years related maintenance experience and/or training.
- Familiarity with plant safety practices, chemical processes, equipment maintenance, statistical applications, and equipment operations are also required. PHA and “Process Safety Management” experience a positive.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to apply Excel, Word, and SAP applications to daily job responsibilities with an emphasis on system driven solutions.
- Ability to work in the US without assistance.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Formal electrical / controls education (certificates, college degrees, college courses)
- OPTO22 experience or knowledge
- Familiarity with Pi Historians
- Working knowledge of the NEC
- Working knowledge of electrical systems up to 600V
- Familiarity with PID control loops
- Additional PLC control system experience or knowledge
Wages: From $80K to 107K annually. This position is bonus eligible.
Benefits, upon satisfaction of applicable eligibility requirements, include but are not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, vacation/PTO/sick days/parental leave, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, and pension. Click here to apply online