RESPONSIBILITIES: As an Electrical Instrumentation Supervisor you will be part of a dynamic team that works closely to ensure proper operations for an optimized cement plant. You will be responsible for the maintenance and inspection of the plant electrical equipment and instrumentation systems, supervision of union electrical employees, assisting with plant control systems, and other related activities. This position reports to the Sr. Electrical Supervisor.
- Responsible for managing all Continuous Emission Monitoring instrumentation to ensure environmental compliance.
- Thorough knowledge of the plant’s environmental Data Acquisition System and its contracted vendor.
- Responsible for analysis and oversight of all process control instrumentation
- Assist the plant controls system engineer in maintaining, supporting, improving and updating cement plant process control systems and related application software and hardware, including Honeywell PKS, ABB Advant DCS, Allen-Bradley/Rockwell PLC’s, PID controllers, and hard wired full voltage control systems.
- Supervision of electrical/instrumentation personnel and provide technical assistance to ensure plant instrumentation is properly coordinated and maintained.
- Training of instrumentation personnel.
- Prepare specifications for instrumentation equipment for requests for quotations.
- Handle projects from conception through commissioning, including coordination and supervision of contractors.
- Close interaction with production and maintenance groups.
- Analysis of all control systems, for the purpose of troubleshooting and diagnosis, including tuning control loops.
- In depth electrical knowledge, including high, medium, and low voltage equipment, motor controls, schematics, troubleshooting, etc.
- Participate in the salaried electrical department on-call system.
- Complete assigned work and be in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulatory requirements.
- Follow plant and MSHA Safety Policies, including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment. Maintain an awareness of plant environmental standards. Takes corrective action to address minor problems or reports compliance issues to appropriate supervisor for resolution.
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum Associates degree or equivalent experience in Electrical or Electronic Technology.
- 3-5 years’ experience in cement manufacturing or heavy industry a plus.
- Minimum 5 years experience related to instrumentation devices; CEMS instrumentation knowledge a plus.
- Working knowledge of SCL, PCAnywhere, ABB Advant DCS, Allen-Bradley/ Rockwell PKS PLC’s, and Unix.
- Solid understanding of engineering documents associated with PLC and HMI programming, including electrical drawings, logic drawings, and P&ID’s.
- Familiar with operation and maintenance of common process instrumentation devices, analog and digital.
- Familiarity with control systems, including system and computer logic.
- Familiarity with preventative and predictive maintenance associated to electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- Familiarity with Total Quality techniques with the ability to work in a Team and Total Quality environment.
Cement & Lime