Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Instrumentation Controls Technologist at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position will be responsible for the installation, modification, repair, preventive / predictive maintenance, removal and replacement of all instrumentation and electrical equipment within the Department’s scope of responsibility.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Diagnose, service, calibrate and repair all production, non-production and test equipment and perform preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Liaison with other maintenance trades, machine operators, department supervisors, programmers and equipment service engineers regarding specific machine problems and repairs.
- Liaison with factory machine representatives to assist with upgrades to machine tools, instruments or controls to extend their life and increase reliability with operation, calibration and testing procedures.
- Assist in the development of routines and aids for trouble shooting and testing of instrument and electrical equipment.
- Perform instrument calibration and adjustments to production equipment to maintain to specifications set by Quality Assurance and factory manuals.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Certified Technicians and Technologists Association of Manitoba (CTTAM) Certified as an Instrumentation, Electronic and/or Electrical Engineering Technologist or eligible in a reasonable time frame along with related work experience will be considered an asset.
- Industrial experience in troubleshooting, designing and programming electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical control systems will be considered an asset.
- Experience in the area of PLC programming, troubleshooting and repair.
- Knowledge of CNC equipment and related controls.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact in a team environment.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.