Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Instrumentation and Controls Technician will provide electrical, instrumentation and controls support to fixed plant assets. This position will apply instrumentation and controls knowledge in the identification and resolution of technical problems on a wide range of electrical equipment.
- Install, calibrate, and troubleshoot electrical or instrument devices including pressure, flow, level temperature, and density transmitters, PLC/DCS hardware, software, and controls.
- Support a wide range of communication protocols, networks, and radio telemetry including ethernet I/O, device level rings, ethernet radios, serial radios, modbus and OPC.
- Read and interpret electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and instrumentation drawings, schematics, and technical manuals.
- Assist electrical, mechanical, and operating personnel to efficiently maintain and operate the plant.
- Maintain scheduled preventative maintenance programs on instrumentation and electrical equipment
- Associates Degree OR equivalent work experience.
- 3+years of plant-level experience in Electrical and Instrumentation devices, preferably with electrical control systems in the petrochemical, metals, or mineral processing industry
- Experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of advanced controls systems (DCS, PLC, LCI, VFD/Soft Start)
- Understanding of one line diagrams, schematics, logic drawings, engineering documents, technical and reference materials required
- Understanding of PLC Programming including ladder logic, function block, and structured text
- Understanding of various networks and protocols
- Understanding of Industry Specific Standards such as NEC, API, and DOT standards
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.