Position #23198CONTRACT POSITION – REMOTE OR HYBRID DEPENDING ON LOCATIONAbout Our ClientOur client, an innovative global trade and freight management company, is looking to hire an Instructional Designer to join the Training team. This is a 12 month contract position. The Instructional Designer will be responsible for defining and creating curriculum that is engaging, instructionally sound, audience specific. This will include target appropriate learning solutions and activities, tutorials, e-learning courses, case studies, simulations, scenarios, and classroom-based lesson plans.
As a contractor, the Instructional Designer will be responsible for performing a diverse range of functions including but not limited to:
- Develop curriculum blueprint and collaborate with subject matter experts to outline goals, learning objectives, and media/learning requirements.
- Design curriculum for a variety of learning methods and styles. Examples include e-learning, m-learning, blended, classroom based and hybrid learning methods
- Work with the facilitation team to develop job aids that support self-paced, tutorial or classroom-based learning solutions
- Develop learning assessments and evaluations, including writing corrective feedback and remedial tutorials.
- Design case studies and first-person simulations/ scenarios
- Develop curriculum using rapid e-learning tools such as, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Snag It or other authoring tools
- Work closely with project teams and subject matter experts to integrate content with design and development deliverables
- Develop timelines for assigned projects and coordinate activities of other project team members
The following are the minimum requirements to be considered for this role:
- 2+ years’ experience in instructional systems design
- Post secondary degree/ diploma in adult education, learning or instructional design
- Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP) designation preferred
- Experience with and passion for web-based content development and design
- Ability to write in multiple formats and styles (creative, editorial, marketing, and technical)
- Experience with and proficiency in Articulate Storyline, and Adobe Captivate
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple high priority tasks/ projects
- high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing work environment and quickly shift priorities when required
- Ability to work in a team environment and to work cross-functionally with different teams and stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Office applications is required.
- Graphics, audio, and/or video production/editing skills is an asset
- Bilingual language skills in French and/ or Spanish is an asset