Assist the physical installation of communications systems on all assigned projects. Work alongside the project team to ensure safety and quality objectives are met by adhering to industry standards and best practices.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Project Kick-Off Meeting: Verify understanding of the project plan and review all project milestones. Identify safety requirements and project plan task responsibilities.
- Executing Project Plan:
- Follow daily work project plan including safe work practices and requirements.
- Communicate changes in the SOW to assigned Project Lead and/or PMO and follow adapted project plan as needed.
- Assist in creating a punch list, system testing, and finalize documentation completion.
- Maintains a clean and organized working environment.
- Arrives to the job site on time and is self-driven to accomplish needed tasks.
- Works as supportive team member, listening and gathering technical skill sets.
- Closing the Project: Verify all assigned project tasks were complete and ensure cleanliness of project site.
- Post Project Meetings: Provide input to PMO on project management processes, procedures, tools, and best practices for improvement.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- High school diploma, valid driver's license and reliable vehicle.
- Must have strong communication skills and general construction or mechanical knowledge.
- 0-1 year of experience in similar role with CEC or equivalent company.
- Problem solving, creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, security, fire alarm, wireless, and data networks preferred.
- PC proficiency (Windows environment) and working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Lifting of objects is required, up to 50lbs.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.