Communications Engineering Company (CEC) is looking for hard-working individuals to join our Technical Career Advancement Program (TCAP)! A strong candidate for TCAP will be someone who is interested in the latest tech, while also being comfortable in a construction environment. We install a wide range of low voltage systems; from high-end commercial A/V systems, to cutting edge security cameras and monitors. Our TCAP program is designed to advance your career into whichever field of technology interests you the most!
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Physically install, test, and troubleshoot various low voltage systems, including but not limited to; structured cabling, audiovisual systems, fire detection systems, card access, video security systems, or IT infrastructure.
- Installation work includes pulling cable, installing conduit, installing cable trays/racks, terminating jacks, mounting audio devices, etc.
- Actively participate in all Program environments; working with classroom trainers as well as jobsite mentors.
- Follow any additional instructions and guidance given by Project Superintendent and Project Foreman in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide superior service and follow-up to all customers and co-workers, whether on-site (face to face) or remote (phone or email), making sure to follow CEC’s Rules of Customer Communications.
- Strictly adhere to CEC safety policies & procedures.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment.
- Arrive to the job site on time with the initiative and determination to accomplish your daily tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- High school diploma.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle.
- Basic technical, construction or mechanical knowledge and aptitude.
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Previous experience with installing or updating low voltage systems, devices or networks.
- Previous experience in construction environments.
- Knowledge of communications systems, including; audio, video, security, fire alarm, wireless, and data networks preferred.
- Knowledge of CEC product partner systems, including but not limited to: AMX, Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Polycom, Rauland Borg, AMAG, Assa Abloy, Axis, Bosch, EST, Lenel, ASCOM, Motorola, Brocade, Cisco, EMC, Microsoft, Shoretel, VMWare, Sophos, etc.
- PC proficiency (Windows environment) and a working knowledge of Excel.
- Problem solving, creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers, as well as safely operate hand and electric power tools.
- Ability to climb, carry, operate, and work upon a ladder.
- Ability to work in tight places by bending, reaching, twisting and grasping.
- Dexterity to work with small components.
- Lifting of objects is required, up to 75lbs.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment options
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.